Microsoft Kaizala was launched with O365 worldwide.
On the field this brings in a lot of discussions with customers on Microsoft Kaizala and Teams.
Have you wondered why Microsoft introduced Kaizala when Teams already exists? Why should your organization be using Kaizala since you are already on Teams? What are the differences between the two, and when should we use what?
Read on as we clarify:
- Best alternative for WHATSAPP for organizations. Much secured and centralized administration
- Kaizala secures users that are outside the organizations directory or have any Azure Active Directory guest accounts. This enables users being added to your organizational groups even with just their mobile phones numbers. Typical users would be remote field workers only having a mobile phone with an internet connection
- Flexible group types: hub and spoke, hierarchical and public groups.
- Scales up to millions of users in a group. Typical use case is a public group that allows millions of users to join.
- Easy onboarding of users with phone numbers.
- Built-in action cards for surveys, polls and announcements, jobs, training and tasks
- Offline access, low latency, optimized for slow networks
- Simple business user deployment, admin and reporting
Customer scenarios for Kaizala:
Manage tasks and automation workflows that span outside the organization Eg: Toll booth maintenance check by remote workers in far fetched locations
Cater to scenarios where there is high turn-over of a workforce. Example a taxi drivers group where the drivers keep changing taxi companies they drive for
Phone number as a primary identity. No email address required. For users who don’t have an email address and just a mobile phone with a number
Offline scenarios like flights crews and remote locations
Simple, fast, business-led deployment and administration
- Teams is a hub for teamwork.
- Deep integration with office 365 – SPO, Groups, Office Apps, Microsoft Flow, Graph API
- Advanced collab & communications: Intelligent meetings, enterprise voice
- Managing shifts and task management
- Advanced IT administration
Customer scenarios for Teams:
- Digital workspace for teams across the organization, and external guests (mobile + desktop).
- In-depth communication within an organization and with federated partners
- Firstline environments with need for deep Office integration or shift management
- Purpose-built vertical solutions: e.g. Care coordination in healthcare
- Advanced IT administration
Real life scenario solved using Kaizala for a customer for Toll Plaza maintenance
- Manual Process:
- Maintenance Team visits Toll plaza
- Goes through the checklist and updates physical checklist
- Checklist is then submitted to the office
- Automated process using Microsoft Kaizala:
- Kaizala Custom Action Card is used to fill up the maintenance checklist. Card enforces to input location – to ensure technicians are at the locations during inspection
- All information including pictures from inspection of the plazas uploaded onto SharePoint online using the same custom action card
- Supervisor notified of Toll Inspection in real time via email
- Productivity & efficiency of maintenance staff measured using time stamps on custom action card
Hope this helps guide you as to when you should be using Microsoft Kaizala over Microsoft Teams!
kloudynet Technologies is a High Potential Kaizala partner for Southeast Asia, and has worked on various scenarios customizing Kaizala for end users
– Fahad, Founder, kloudynet Technologies